Good reentry is good for everyone
The foundation of a good reentry system is collaboration. After two years of research and development, the Bucks County Reentry Coalition was established in November 2019. Forged through the collective efforts of government, nonprofit and community partnerships, the Coalition represents nearly every facet of the reentry system in Bucks County. We are grateful for the dedication and contributions of more than 80 Coalition member agencies that are focused on improving our community through successful reentry.
The mission of the Bucks County Reentry Coalition is to enhance collaboration among community and professional partners working with formerly incarcerated individuals to encourage broad-based community support for reentry services. The Coalition provides information and access to resources for these individuals.
Our vision is for all returning citizens to successfully transition into the community by utilizing the necessary resources and support, to engage in prosocial behavior, and to remain free as law-abiding citizens.
Bucks County Reentry Coalition Goals:
- Enhance reentry services with Adult Probation & Parole and the Department of Corrections
- Increase awareness of education, employment, and other reentry resources
- Improve employment opportunities for returning citizens
- Improve affordable housing options for returning citizens
- Improve mentoring and family services
- Identify behavioral and physical health providers and supports, as well as pathways to access such resources, to facilitate more comprehensive, coordinated reentry planning in support of returning citizens
Reentry Coalition Executive Committee
as of November 15, 2022
Michael Harrison, Bucks County Adult Probation & Parole Department
Lou Emanuele, Bucks County Department of Corrections
Reentry Coalition Subcommittees and Chairs